VisitMalta’s website is Born Digital’s most ambitious project to date. What transpired is an entire digital tourism web platform, mobile app, website and custom data analytics platform.
Visit Malta is the official website for Malta, Gozo & Comino. The Born Digital platforms can be found on the Google Play Store, on the Apple Store, on various interactive kiosks around the islands, and at visitmalta.com.
Visit Malta is the official tourism website/mobile app for the Maltese islands. They sought to create the ultimate touristic platform for Malta, enabling stakeholders to showcase their product or event to tourists or visitors through a universal mobile app and website.
- Born Digital created a Digital Tourism Platform (DTP) with a purpose to serve as a source of data dissemination as well as data (analytics / statistics) collection.
- We created a data repository of information to better guide tourists through the different stages of their stay.
- To achieve this, Born Digital offered a variety of services namely:
- Creation of a data repository enabling all information required by tourists visiting Malta to be stored, and updated continuously.
- Creation of a Back Office e-system to keep the data repository alive, while also offering assistance to the Tourist Information Office network, as well as offerin a data call centre service during certain hours of the day.
- An e-service that gave the Tourist Information Office an updated and revamped look, while also enabling the offices to be linked to the centralised respository with each other as well as with the Back Office system. This gave VisitMalta access to the latest information needed by tourists visiting any Tourist Information Office.
- A mobile application was created enabling users to download it on their smartphones. It was essential that the app confirm with the Mobile Government Strategy style guides and guidelines.
- Born Digital also contributed to the installation of a number of digital information stands around Malta and Gozo, which featured localized information.
- The DTP Digital Tourism Platform target featured information customized according to the user;s profile and location. Information was also made available on an app. All information is stored in a repository (housed as MITA, shared with a number of Government entities in an open format and made available to the general public to be used to provide information about local attractions.
- With this system in place, a new paperless system was created, allowing information to be made available to the Tourist Information Officers enabling the latest updated information at their fingertips.
- In addition, this was used to collect basic data on tourists which can supplement the research being carried out in the sector. Information on tourist profiles and tastes can further help shape Malta’s tourism related policies.
- The aim of such a project is to centralise all the information required by tourists.
Mobile Apps, Android Development, Custom Development, eCommerce, iOS Development, Mobile App UI Design, Online Booking Integration, Progressive Web App (PWA), SLA, User Interface Design, Web Design, Website User Experience (UX) Design
Hospitality & Tourism, Transport & Travel