Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 08 November, 2021.
1. Terms & Notices
By using this website and/or submitting your particulars to us, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this website.
We may, from time to time, change the contents of these Terms and Conditions by posting changes online. Please review the Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us. Your continued use of this website after changes are posted signifies your agreement to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions as updated and/or amended from time to time.
To the fullest extent possible by law, the Agency, or any of it’s companies does not warrant that www.web-design-malta.com or www.born.mt (the “Site/s”) or any of the content found on the Site (the “Content”) will operate error free or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the Site or its Content results in any cost, the Agency is not responsible for such costs.
The Site and the Content are provided ‘as is’ without any warranties of any kind. The Agency, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, Furthermore, the Agency makes no warranties about the accuracy, completeness of any content, services, software, text, graphics and links.
The Agency, its officers and/or its employees, including sub-contractors will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise in connection with the use of or reliance upon any materials or information appearing on this web site.
Where we provide hypertext links to third party websites, such links are not an endorsement or recommendation by us of any information, products or services in such web-sites, but are only provided by us because we think that they may be of interest to you or for information purposes or for convenience. Accordingly, you use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use, privacy policies or availability of such websites. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such websites.
This website may also contain some material provided by third parties and we do not necessarily agree with the content of such material. When this is the case we will state so. We accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of such material.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Agency, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, alleging or resulting from:
- any personal information or other material You provide to the Site,
- Your use of any the Content, or
- Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Site, acts as a venue for candidates to apply for a role with the Agency or with an affiliated company of the Agency (for example a member company of the same group of companies) by creating Profiles and uploading their CV. While the Agency reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove job postings or other material from the Site from time to time, the Agency does not assume any obligation to do so and to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
The Site and the Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Agency makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site or the Content. The use of the Site and the Content is at Your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time.
Whilst the Agency tries to ensure that the standard of the Site remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, the internet is not an inherently stable medium, and errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time. The Agency does not accept any liability arising from any such errors, omissions, interruptions or delays or any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate the Site (or any particular part of it) or to provide the service offered on the Site. The Agency may vary the specification of this Site from time to time without notice.
5. Use of the Site
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Profile” means the Profile created by You containing Your personal information. The Agency may also collect information about You from publicly-available websites and may use this information to create a Profile or append it to an already existing Profile.
The Site may only be used for lawful purposes. Your use of the Site is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Furthermore all Users warrant and agree not to:
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site including attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- collect, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Site’s Content or information available from the Site, including expired job postings, other than as permitted by these Terms and Conditions;
- post any CV or Profile, or apply for any job on behalf of another party;
- share with a third party any login credentials to the Site;
- access data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which you are not authorised to access;
- post or submit to the site any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own;
- post content that contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other users;
- harass, incite harassment or advocate harassment of any group, company, or individual;
- attempt to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any Site, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mail-bombing” or “crashing”;
- promote or endorse an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such by as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- use the services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, CV, that is defamatory, libellous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person or include any links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by Agency’s discretion; or
- post any CV which is not a genuine CV and which attempts to advertise or promote products or services.
6. Data Protection
In the course of providing this Site to you the Agency may occasionally process your personal data, this is done only to the extent, and in such a manner, as is necessary for the purposes specified in these Terms and Conditions and shall not process the personal data for any other purpose.
The Agency undertakes to process personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
7. Intellectual Property
The Agency is the owner or the rightful licensee of the rights to the technology, software and business systems used within the Site.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of this website are owned or controlled for these purposes by the Agency, its officers and/or its employees. In accessing this website, you agree that you may only download and store (in any medium) the content for your own personal non-commercial use or that of your firm or company.
Except where expressly stated otherwise, you are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (on any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of this website for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of the Agency.
8. Term and Termination
These Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while you are a user of the Site. The Agency reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of all your personal information, CVs etc. from the Site and immediate delete your information with or without the ability to access the Site, upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions
Even after You are no longer a User of the Site, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.
9. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Maltese Law and/or to the rules of arbitration in accordance with Malta’s Arbitration Act (Cap. 387 of the laws of Malta) as administered by Malta’s Arbitration Centre.
The Courts of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to or in connection with this website and its use, the Terms and Conditions, the Privacy Statement and/or the Cookies Policy.